There has been a fire outbreak at the accounts section of the Ebonyi Government House.
The incident occurred at 9am today and there was no loss of life. Kenneth Ugbala, Senior Special Assistant to Governor David Umahi on Internal Security told NAN that it took the combined efforts of workers and the State Fire Service to put out the fire.
“The fire outbreak was caused by a faulty electrical connection within the accounts section and the level of damage was minimal.
“Upholstery and curtains within the section were completely burnt and we would ascertain the true extent of damage when the fire service concludes its task,” he said.